Congratulations on taking the first step to partner with Jericho Road Dallas! Our volunteer consultants are ready to help!
When crafting your application, these are useful tips:
- Don’t be afraid to put in a lot of details! This application is sometimes the first impression a volunteer has of your organization.
- Involve the person who will be the contact person for the volunteer in the development of the application. He/she should plan to spend on average a couple hours weekly working with the volunteer and should be empowered to represent the organization fully.
- The application is intended for one distinct project, not all the projects your organization needs completed. If you have multiple projects, follow a process of what needs to be finished first to build upon another. For example, an overall marketing plan needs to be completed before marketing collateral or an agency video could be developed.
- If your organization has a strategic plan in place, include a copy of that as an attachment to your application so the volunteer is aware of the overall goals. If your organization does not have a strategic plan, that is an ideal first project.
- Be realistic with the project deadline. Give thought to special events or regular programs you have scheduled that could impact the availability of the organization’s contact.
- The most successful projects have support from senior management and the Board of Directors (where applicable).
- Remember that perfection is not the goal with this application but rather a realistic representation of your needs and the support you can provide. If you’re not sure how to articulate your needs, give Jericho Road Dallas staff a call. We can help!
- You can never over-communicate. It’s preferable that the majority of communication is done via e-mail for record keeping and project management.